27 people are interested
Learn how to repair and revive bikes that are given to people who need them.
ORGANIZATION: The Recyclery Collective
Please visit the new page to apply.
27 people are interested
The Recyclery Collective is an educational bike shop that promotes sustainability by giving access to tools, skills and social learning opportunities.
OPEN SHOP - (see website for hours ) is an opportunity for members of the community to use our tools, with help of a trained mechanic and experienced volunteers, to fix and maintain their bicycle. Also to sell our used bikes.
FREECYCLERY - (see website for hours) is oriented to direct donation of bikes back into the community. Volunteers repair used bicycles and all skill levels are welcome. Freecyclery is a great opportunity to improve skills, gain experience and to impact your community.
Classes - is an opportunity to teach bicycle mechanic skills to adults or kids.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Recyclery Collective
7628 N PAULINA ST, CHICAGO, IL 60626, US
The Recyclery Collective is an educational bike shop that promotes sustainability by giving access to tools, skills and opportunities for collaboration. Our Vision: We envision a diverse, resilient neighborhood filled with knowledgeable, self-reliant cyclists.
The Recyclery Collective is an educational bike shop. Major decisions are made by a collective that meets twice a month. Recyclery volunteers have the satisfaction transforming used bikes into a sustainable form of transportation for those in need. We get to work with youth, promote cycling, and have a positive impact on the neighborhood. We also share mechanic skills and learn together. We carry out our mission through a variety of programs:
- Open Shop: Use our tools to fix your own bike with the instruction of Recyclery mechanics. We strive to provide an open, respectful and collaborative atmosphere free of mechanical elitism.
- FreeCyclery and Volunteer Hours: We donate bicycles to refugees, people experiencing homelessness, and low-income families.
- Youth Classes: We teach youth bicycle maintenance, riding safety, environmental awareness, and work ethics.
- Overhaul & Tune-Up Classes: We provide bike mechanics classes for adults.
- Bike Sales: We sell bicycles every Wednesday and Saturday. Your purchase keeps a used bike running and funds our educational programs.
7628 N PaulinaChicago, IL 60626
January 2, 2024
- Public Relations
- Web Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Problem Solving
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training