65 people are interested
Community Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Amity Care Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
65 people are interested
Position Summary: The community support volunteer is responsible for providing social interaction and support to Amity Care Hospice patients and their families at home or Assisted Living Facilities. This volunteer is expected to engage in hobbies and interests of the patient and can work with people of various religious faiths and cultures.
This position does not have a concrete weekly time commitment. Amity Care Hospice is flexible and understands that volunteers have differing schedules from week to week.
- Visits patients to offer conversation, respite and assistance.
- Engage in patient interests and hobbies (games, cards, letter writing, watching movies, listening to music, coloring or drawing, etc)
- Provide emotional and social support in a non-judgmental manner.
- Works collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Prepare documentation for the clinical record per Hospice standards and return to the Volunteer Coordinator within 24 hours.
- Review documentation for completeness and correctness.
- Demonstrate understanding of and adherence to professional Codes of Ethics and related organizational policies.
- Adhere to practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff, and the organization.
- Adheres to and participates in mandatory HIPAA privacy practices and ethics compliance practices.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members, volunteers, patients and families.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
If you're interested in spending time with people or if you have extra time in your life for those who are in need, this is the volunteer position for you. We are looking for caring and compassionate individuals to sit with patients and families while providing a comforting presence.
About Amity Care Hospice
161 Village Pkwy NE, Bldg 7, Marietta, GA 30067, US
Our mission is to respect the inherent value of patients and families dealing with a life limiting illness; to provide holistic care that nurtures the body, mind, and spirit; to honor their choices; and to promote peace in the midst of transition.
Who We Serve
Amity Care Hospice, cares for those faced with a life-limiting illness, which may include a wide variety of end stage diseases including advanced cardiac disorders, advanced respiratory disorders, cancer, end stage Alzheimer's, and many others. We also serve the families of our patients, recognizing they are in need of support when facing the loss of a loved one.
We do this regardless of our patient's ability to pay, and without regard to race, color, religions, age, sex, handicap (mental or physical), gender preference, and/or place of origin. These are hospice standards.
Because family is one of our core values, our Amity Care staff cares for our patients and families with the same tenderness, love, and compassion we would members of our own family. We recognize transition as a sacred moment in time and work to maintain it so that our families might experience peace in the midst of transition.
Where We Serve
Many think that hospice is a place. In reality, it is a philosophy of care offered those facing a life limiting illness. Amity Care Hospice cares for those faced with a life-limiting illness in the comfort of their own home whether that is in a private residence, assisted living or skilled nursing facility, personal care home, or boarding home.
While Amity Care Hospice's office is located in Marietta, Ga our service area is a 50 mile radius from the center point.
161 Village Parkway NEMarietta, GA 30067
October 17, 2022
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This position does not have a concrete weekly time commitment. Amity Care Hospice is flexible and understands that volunteers have differing schedules from week to week.