Private weekday service learning/workdays at any HOK project site can be arranged for groups of ten or more.
If interested in current listings for workday opportunities at this site, please visit our Calendar at http://www.huihawaii.org/calendar.html or email us at email@example.com
Kaha Native Plant Garden: Volunteer to help maintain this native garden in urban Kailua while learning about native Hawaiian plants and local watershed issues. Volunteers are asked to wear close-toe shoes and work clothes that they don't mind getting wet and dirty, bring a water bottle, snack and work gloves if you would like them. All tools will be provided.
- Please wear close-toe shoes and work clothes that they don't mind getting wet and dirty,
- bring a water bottle, snack, sun protection and bug repellant. All tools & gloves will be provided.
- Participants under age 16 must have adult supervision.
- Participants under the age of 18, attending without their parent or legal guardian must bring the signed waiver.
Kaha Native Plant Gardenlocated within Kawainui Neighborhood Park at 750 Kaha St. (the intersection of Kaha and Kihapai Street, off of Oneawa Street in Kailua)
- If you are interested in coordinating a private workday or field trip for a group of 10 or more, please call 808-381-7202 or send us an email. Individuals are welcome to help maintain the gardens as their own schedule allows after they have completed a training session with an HOK representative.
We offer a variety of regularly scheduled events each month and we can work with your group to arrange a private weekday service trip or educational visit. The best way see what events we have coming up and which would be the best fit for you is by visiting the Get Involved page on our website and signing up to receive our monthly newsletter. http://www.huihawaii.org/get-involved.html. Feel free to call or e-mail me if you have any additional questions.
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 3