Organization Information: Budget:
$0 - $1M
Our mission is to help college students financially with college expenses so they can maintain and secure a financial future in school. Basically, Steps of Success is helping college students with their college expenses (tuition, books, room & board) who fall short in financial aid. So we step in and assist them with school expenses they cannot afford to cover. We pay on average $200 to $500 dollars per student; helping over 15 to 30 students per year.
Position Details: Job Description:
Term: 2 years
The Vice President is the secondary leader in Steps of Success and as such,
discharges the duties of the President as required in the President's absence. The Vice President supports the activities of the President including sharing responsibilities as appropriate.
1. Recognizes his or her responsibility to set the example for other board members by
contributing financially at a level that is meaningful to him/her and by playing a major role
in fundraising activities.
2. Works with the President to assist in developing the agendas for committee meetings.
3. Advises the President on appointing volunteers to key leadership positions, including
positions as chair of board committees and task forces.
4. Assists the President by taking on responsibility as necessary for communication with
6. Supports and challenges the President in all his/her responsibilities to ensure organizational priorities and governance concerns are addressed in the most effective and efficient manner.
7. Represents the board in the community, especially at events at which the President cannot attend.
8. Other duties as delegated by the President.
Excellent communication skills
Commitment to and energy to support the charter school and its values; an
understanding of mission and goals, and the distinctions between governance and
Strong leadership and collaborative skills to support the President and to offer alternative
proposals in the interest of best serving the organization.
Strong facilitation and communication skills and an understanding of group process.
Objectivity so that dialog is productive and contributions are encouraged from all sides of
Decisiveness in order to tackle and resolve difficult issues and to keep the business of
the board moving.
Strong organizational skills.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply: Email Mario Mitchell with your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then he will give you further instructions on your application process.
- Capacity Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 Years