Thank you for your interest in Scholar Career Coaching After-School Mentoring Program. We are recruiting volunteer mentors to serve the students in our mentoring program at Santaluces High School, Boynton Beach High, and Atlantic High from August 2018-May 2019. If you are a college student, graduate student, working professional or retiree, you are encouraged to apply.
We provide complimentary mentoring services to students in grades 9th -12th, with a focus on ESL students (English as a Second Language). The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact with passionate mentors who share similar academic and career interests.
- Mentors must follow our curriculum and assist students with career planning, college readiness, and soft skills.
- Mentors engage students in a variety of activities using our curriculum. Activities include resume/cover letter writing, learning dress code, mock interview simulations, exploring college and career options, how to budget for college, finding and applying for scholarships, reviewing scholarship essays and other academic needs.
- Must be over age 21.
- Must pass a County, State, and Federal Criminal Checks.
- Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- Must enjoy working with students.
- Must live in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami Dade County.
- Must be a working professional, graduate/college student or a retiree.
- Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Must serve as a committed and consistent mentor throughout school academic year.
- Volunteers are needed preferably an entire school year (9 month period).
- Must be able to volunteer every other Tuesday's or Wednesday’s at 3:00pm-5: 00 pm.
Other options for college/graduate students:
- Fall semester volunteer needs: September - December
- Spring semester volunteer needs: January - May
How to apply: www.scholarcc.com/mentoring
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours every other Wednesday's (3:00pm-5:00pm)