Every two seconds, someone, somewhere needs blood. LifeServe Blood Center is looking for passionate, committed volunteers to be part of the life-saving link that delivers blood donations to local hospital patients! Help us save lives in your community by delivering blood donations to hospitals in the Omaha area and surrounding communities.
Volunteers will drive LifeServe Blood Center vehicles under the direction of the LifeServe Product Management Staff at Creighton Hospital. Shifts are regular and weekday in the morning and evenings as well as Saturday mornings and are anywhere between 1-5 hours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transport blood to hospitals.
- Operate and refuel corporate vehicle assigned.
- Communicate delays in delivery to LifeServe staff via phone.
- Complete Volunteer Program orientation and training.
- Adhere to safety guidelines set forth by organizational and state statutes.
Drivers must have a valid driver’s license, be over the age of 18, and able to pass an annual driving records background check. Additionally, we require drivers to be able to lift 30-40 pounds, follow safety guidelines, and be tastefully groomed and maintain a professional, casual appearance. New volunteers train with experienced volunteers or staff.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment