Do you love vegetable gardening? The Greenwood Senior Center is looking for 2 lead volunteers to work with our volunteer team to plan and maintain our raised garden beds. Our Garden Coordinator will work with staff to organize work parties, acquire seeds, starts & tools, and consistently asses garden needs (ex: planting, watering, weeding & harvesting).
The ideal candidates are interested in promoting nutrition (we use the veggies in our daily lunch program!), organic gardening, sustainability and has some vegetable gardening experience. Must pass a background check and long-term commitment preferred.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 to 4 hours/week
- Help Seniors Stay Independent...
- Dazzle Our Guests as a Volunteer...
- Vegetable Garden Coordinator
- Create a Dementia-Friendly...
- Communications Volunteer
- Office Support Volunteer to Help...
- Hot Meal Program Lead Volunteer
- Give a ride, make a friend!
- Go-go Gadget Screwdriver
- Teach Seniors Something
- Feed Hungry Seniors!
- Food Pick Up Superhero (Cape...