Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity with immediate impact? Become a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) so you can help individuals and families get enrolled in affordable health care and understand their health coverage options. As a CAC, you can make a life-changing difference in someone's health.
Meet individually with clients to
- Explain how the Affordable Care Act's Health Marketplace works
- Discuss the levels and plans available
- Provide considerations for selecting a level and plan
- Walk through the online enrollment process with clients to help them successfully enroll
CACs get certified through a FREE online training you can do from the comfort of your own home! Volunteers who successfully complete certification will assist at enrollment events throughout the Northern Virginia region from November 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017. Spanish speaking always in demand. Contact Terry Goplerud, tgoplerud @nvfs.org.
- Financial Planning
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours online certification training (FREE)
- Kick-off Orientation on 10/26/16 from 6-9pm
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Lend a Helping Hand at our...
- Help us end homelessness -...
- You Can Help Feed the Hungry
- Development Assistant at NVFS
- Help Support the Homeless
- Everyday Food Goes to Waste. You...
- Your group can make a difference...
- Looking For a Great Group...
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Help Us Get Thankgiving Meals to...
- Donate treats to make Halloween...
- Shelter Resident Transport Driver
- Help your neighbors enroll in...
- You can help fight Hunger!
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...