VIN has introduced the Teaching Art and Craft project to help bring the developmental possibilities of arts (including dance) to the children of marginalised communities. This is an opportunity for volunteers with creative skills and expertise to help underprivileged children find a channel for self-expression, a way to connect with the world and see it differently.
Despite Nepal being home to a rich, colourful culture of stories, structures and paintings, art is not promoted to its people through education. In other countries across the world the value of teaching art in school is recognised as helping to develop cognition, critical thinking, creativity, imagination and self-esteem. However, in community schools, where many of the teachers are untrained and unqualified, art is not on the curriculum. Children are taught from government-produced text books, often in the form of a lecture.
Read More on: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/teaching-program/creative-expression-arts-and-crafts/
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Adventure and Volunteer Program
- Journalism Program
- Children’s Life Skills...
- Working for Street Children
- Yoga Volunteer
- Teaching the Deaf
- Youth Empowerment Program
- Teach Arts and Crafts
- Climate Change Research
- Health, Sanitation & Hygiene...
- Water Research
- Teacher Development
- Youth Club and Life Skills
- Teach English in Buddhist...
- Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Public Interest Program
- Education, Rights and Life Skills
- English and Career Development
- Income Generation & Marketing