Summary: Shore is looking for a self-directed, dynamic, service-focused pro bono volunteer to help the organization with strengthening its marketing efforts to drive brand awareness. The Pro Bono Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will assist the Director of Development with creating a comprehensive planned giving program, expand and revise current development and organization collateral materials, support the strategy for all marketing awareness, website, social media, and public relations messaging.
Employment Type: Pro Bono Volunteer
Work Hours: 10 hours/week, additional hours occasionally
Work Arrangements: Can work remotely or on site
Qualifications and Expectations
- The Pro Bono Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will need to use its own hardware and software in order to produce the needed marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field required. College students majoring in aforementioned subjects will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within a marketing and/or communications department handling brand awareness and internal/external communications.
- Experience in a social services environment is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Shore’s Board, staff, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other agency supporters; Advanced public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and social media skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications, and good knowledge of using AP style.
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and development of marketing materials.
- Proficient with using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, fundraising software, and graphic design or marketing software.
- Additional extra hours may be a needed around major fundraisers in the spring, summer, and fall events; willing to participate in occasional after hours meetings and events.
- Ability to travel locally within short notice.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a week but can work at home.