Community Event Aides
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where4202 Alhambra Ave.Martinez, CA 94553
Community events are an important part of the John Muir NHS plan for the future. Visitors have been coming to the park since the park's creation in 1964 and now, 50 years later, we're looking to give people even more reasons to come visit.
Do you like organizing events? Do you like meeting people? Do you enjoy finding creative ways to engage children and families?
Community Event Aides help the rangers on site organize, plan and execute new and innovative events for the site.
Past events that Community Event Aides have helped with include:
- Campfire Programs: after dark programs of songs, stories and games geared toward children and families.
- Full-Moon Walks: after dark hikes up Mt. Wanda to watch the moon rise.
- Las Posadas: Mexican-roots Christmas celebration with crafts and games.
- Family Day: An ever-changing lineup of crafts, games and explorations designed for children and families.
- Speaker Series: A series of lecturers on John Muir and the Muir legacy.
Minimum one year commitment with 6 hours per month. All docents must complete three 4-hour training modules led by Park Service staff prior to commencement of responsibilities. Scheduling is flexible. The park is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but some events fall outside of those hours.
Volunteers interested in this opportunity must demonstrate the physical ability to work outside, lift 40lbs or more and have flexibility to work with ranger supervision both within and without the park.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Under 18 requires parental consent