You can help teenage kids to develop grit (www.youthmp.org/gotgrit) to overcome life's formidable challenges to be successful today and in the future. Our mentoring programs help youth to master goal setting skills, build mental toughness, and forge character through intense physical fitness and sports.
Friend Fitness is the Youth Mentoring Partnership's signature program and matches volunteer mentors with male and female students (grades 6-12) who could benefit from a positive, responsible adult role-model. Through a unique approach of intense weekly workouts and a focus on goal-setting, kids discover what it takes to achieve their goals not only in the gym but in life!
As a mentor, you can expect to:
- Lead students through an intense physical fitness & strength training program
- Work one-on-one in the gym alongside a group of mentor-student matches
- Focus on student-led goal setting, planning & achievement
- Celebrate students success through "earned recognition" sessions at workouts
- Nurture positive relationships in an environment that promote volunteerism
- Have fun!
No prior training or experience required! Professional training and on-site staff support provided.
Upper Main Line (Berwyn, Paoli, Malvern): Thursdays 5:30-7pm & Sundays 10:30am-Noon
West Philly: Tuesdays between 4:30--6:00pmFor additional information, visit www.youthmp.org.
Become a mentor - contact us to schedule a New Mentor Orientation today! The life you change may be your own.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1x or 2x per week, for at least one year
- Looking for a way to...
- BE A MENTOR - Change Lives...
- We need Female Mentors!
- Are you looking to Give-back?...
- Work near the Great Valley Corp....
- Got grit? Teach kids in Philly...
- Military Background? Your...
- Do you speak Spanish? We need...
- Got grit? Teach kids the passion...
- Got grit? Be a Friend Fitness...
- If you are MALE, we NEED you! ...