Friends of the Library Booksale February 2020
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The Friends rely on volunteers to successfully support the Metropolitan Library System. As a volunteer, you can help at the Friends Booksale from set up February 15 - 18, the sale from February 21 - 23, and move out February 24, 2020. The Booksale is one of the largest in the nation involving over 1,000 volunteers and raising close to $250,000 each year. The proceeds from the sale are given in grants to support the Metropolitan Library System.
Sign Up at www.supportmls.org/fol/booksale
Booksale volunteers can:
- Assist with moving in and setting up before the sale begins.
- Help customers by monitoring line flow, cashiering, holding purchases, and stocking books on tables.
- Work behind the scenes with fellow volunteers and perform other tasks as needed.
- Receive service hours for schools, clubs, and scholarships.
- Shop early before the Booksale, and shop FREE after the sale!
- Receive a FREE Booksale volunteer t-shirt!
- Have FUN!
About The Friends of the Metropolitan Library System
300 PARK AVE, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73102, US
The Friends of the Metropolitan Library System are a separate 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is tosupport the MetropolitanLibrary System's effortsto provide the highestlevel of library services.
The Friends are a volunteer organization made up of members who recognize that the value of life in a community is enhanced by a quality library system. The Friends commitment is to help the Metropolitan Library System attain and maintain this level of excellence for the people of Oklahoma County. The Friends provide valuable community support and public relations for the library system. In the past, they have assisted the library in winning approval of a county ad valorum millage levy and with funding programs and projects for the library and staff.
The Friends’ largest project each year is a 2 day fundraising Book Sale which raises money by selling donated books and materials. The funds raised are given back to the local libraries in the form of grants. Just over $3 million has been granted back to the local libraries since the Book Sale began in 1981.
OKLAHOMA STATE FAIRGROUNDS - Okla. Expo Building3001 General Pershing BoulevardOklahoma City, OK 73107
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Shifts of 3 - 5 hours are available 2/15/2020 through 2/24/2020
- Sign up is required at www.supportmls.org/fol/volunteering.