Middle school youth in the Oshkosh area need caring and responsible adults to inspire and enable them to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
Mentors will expose youth to educational opportunities and provide resources and guidance to reach the goals set as a part of their individualized career plan. Mentors also expose youth to career clusters through various forms and activities to foster greater awareness of the careers available.
Youth will be matched with a caring and responsible adult for at least one year. Mentors and mentees will meet once a week for about an hour during the youth's study hall or after school at the Boys & Girls Club.
Volunteer mentors will need to fill out an application, undergo a background and reference check, and meet with the Great Futures Menoring Coordinator for an interview. Mentors will also be required to attend an orientation before serving as a mentor.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for an hour each time.
- Foster Grandparent Tutor Volunteer
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry...
- Reading Volunteer - Elementary...
- Winnebago County Senior Friends
- After School Tutor
- ADVOCAP Senior Nutrition Program
- ADVOCAP Transportation Program...
- St. Joseph's Food Pantry Volunteer
- Head Start Classroom Support -...
- Reading Tutor - Franklin...
- Great Futures Mentor
- Retired and Senior Volunteer...
- Senior Companion
- Making the Ride Happen Driver
- Oshkosh Salvation Army Volunteer...
- Habitat Fox Cities Construction...
- SMILE for Habitat Oshkosh ReStore