Start a career in EFL teaching through this unique opportunity to learn, travel and teach, whilst studying for a TEFL certification in and around the Austrian Alps.
As a trainee on an intensive teacher training course, together with your teaching practice group, you will learn to teach English as a foreign language to young learners from the ages of 8 to 15.
Trainees will gain experience teaching in more than twenty different schools while living in different locations in Austria.
WHAT You Gain:
- FREE accommodation and basic food supplies in Student Teacher dormitories for the duration of the course
- All course-related transportation in Austria i.e. travel to and from campus/school each day
- Extended training in communicative language teaching, project work, game-based learning and task-based learning techniques
- At least 220 hours of practical teaching experience in Austrian classrooms
- Over 29 hours of observed and assessed feedback, including microteaching video feedback, feedback from Course Tutors, feedback from peers and observing a more experienced teacher
- Winter 2017 (January 2nd- April 14th)
- Spring 2017 (April 18th- July 28th)
- Fall 2017(August 28th- February 16th)
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12-16 weeks