Students need additional help with literacy. We are seeking Volunteers age 55 and over who have 15 to 40 per week to donate to a child's future.
The Foster Grandparent Program is a tax-free stipend program available to income-eligible men and women. You can help a child increase their ability to preform in academics by giving your time.
Being a Foster Grandparent means mentoring students, providing warm friendship and understanding and giving individualized attention and unhurried help to children who need a helping hand.
A Foster Grandparent works in the classroom, closely supervised by teachers, either as a one-on- one tutor or with small groups of children.
Attend required monthly in-service training, and pass a pre-placement background check. Must respect confidentiality and abide by the rules of the school and the Foster Grandparent Program.
- Tax free stipend provided to income eligible volunteers.
- Training to prepare you for serving.
- Assistance with the cost of transportation to and from place of work and official project activities.
- Paid personal leave - encompasses vacation and sick time.
- Paid holidays (ten per year).
- Insurance: excess accident, automobile liability and medical coverage while serving at your volunteer assignments.
- Some schools provide free lunch through their hot lunch program
- Camaraderie of other dedicated Foster Grandparents serving in Bonner and Missoula area schools.
** Placement will be at Bonner School
To learn more call Adrienne at 728-7682 or visit our website: missoulaagingservices.org/volunteer/foster-grandparent-program/
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 20 hours per week.
- Must pass background check