The Outre' Theatre Company, an award-winning heatre company performing in the brand new Pompano Beach Cultural Center, currently is seeking individuals who would like to join our Board of Directors. Join this exciting, critically-acclaimed theatre as it strives for longevity and sustainability in the creation of theatrical performance.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
1. Serving as a trusted advisor to the Artistic Director and Managing Director as they develop and implement the company's strategic plan
2. Giving insight on Outré's annual budget, reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
3. Assisting the Artistic Director, Managing Director, and board president in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
4. Serving on committees and taking on special assignments
Fundraising and Development
1. Each Board Member is responsible for generating a minimum fundraising amount for each year of board membership (regardless of any matching programs the member may utilize).
2. Each Board Member is responsible for increasing the audience base of Outré in a measurable fashion during the term of board membership
1. Board Members will serve a one-year term (August to July) and will continue to be eligible for re-appointment to additional terms on an annual basis.
2. Board meetings will be held at least quarterly and special event planning meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings. Board members will be required to attend performances and special events, as well as to build attendance at performances and events.
- Financial Planning
- People Skills
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week
- A passion for creating thought-provoking theatre