The Marine Mammal Center is a nonprofit veterinary research hospital and educational center. At The Marine Mammal Center, we are guided and inspired by a shared vision of a healthy ocean for marine mammals and humans alike. Our mission is to advance global ocean conservation through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research, and education. The Marine Mammal Center is dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of ill and injured marine mammals - primarily elephant seals, harbor seals, and California sea lions. Since 1975, we’ve been headquartered in Sausalito, CA in the Marin Headlands within the Golden Gate National Parks, and have rescued and treated more than 20,000 marine mammals.
We are currently recruiting for many important volunteer roles throughout The Marine Mammal Center. Volunteer in a comfortable, friendly environment; learn about marine mammals; boost your resume; and feel good knowing that you’re supporting a good cause.
- Animal Care - Join a crew and provide patient care to sick and injured animals
- Rescue- Assess, rescue and transport patients to one of our triage sites or our main hospital
- Education - Become a docent or greet visitors, inspiring the next generation of biologists
- Gift Store and Guest Services - Engage visitors and provide excellent customer service
- Administration - Contribute to the success of the Center in our Communications and Development Departments
Visit our website to learn more about these volunteer opportunities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Six month minimum
- Open House, Application process, Orientation, additional training