"The Gift of Presence=Hospice Volunteer"
69 people are interested
- Volunteers support hospice in the following ways:
- Patient/Family Support provides in home respite care, which allows caregivers a few hours of much needed personal time.
- Companionship Volunteers spend time visiting our patients in facilities.
- 11th Hour Volunteers offer support during the final hours of life, at a moments notice.
- Administrative Volunteers provide valuable in-office assistance.
- Foundation Volunteers assist in all foundation efforts.
About Optimal hospice
5000 E. Spring St., Long Beach, CA 90815, US
As a team, we combine compassion with the art and science of medicine to help patients and families live life to its fullest.
Optimal Hospice provides an individualized program of physical, emotional and spiritual care for people in the last phases of their life, with an emphasis on pain control and symptom management.
The program embodies the idea of caring which emphasizes comfort and dignity for the dying, making it possible for them to remain independent for as long as possible and in familiar surroundings.
Hospice care is centered on the patient, family and caregiver. The staff at Optimal Hospice respects and responds to the unique differences in lifestyle, values and wishes of the patient, family and caregiver.
The interdisciplinary team, which consists of physicians,nurses,social workers,aides,volunteers and spiritual counselors coordinates the palliative care in the home as well as bereavement support.
We'll work with your schedule.
3200 E. 19th St.Signal Hill, CA 90755
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Appr.12hr training,1yr service,visit 2-4hr week
- Not suffered a close personal loss in 12 months