The Huntridge Foundation is seeking a Marketing & Communications Volunteer to assist in the development of promotional materials and communications to external audiences.
Hours: Flexible. Estimate 10 to 20 hours per month. Typically 2 days per week.
Compensation: Volunteer, unpaid position. Intern status may be eligible for college credits.
About The Huntridge Foundation: The Huntridge Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization with tax exempt status and is registered in the state of Nevada. The community movement is led by Las Vegas residents seeking to restore the beauty and splendor of the Huntridge Theatre’s streamline moderne architecture to the iconic Las Vegas landmark. The goal is to promote awareness of the theatre’s potential for operating such diverse cultural programming as cinematic films, performing arts theatre, live entertainment, special event venue space and all-age music shows, among other events.
To Apply: Submit resume by June 1 to Melissa Clary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting the work of the Foundation.
· Coordinate with graphic design volunteer to translate creative concepts into print, online, and other collateral materials.
· Develop content for promotional materials including direct mail pieces, print and electronic newsletters, web site and social media stories, medial releases, and other materials as needed.
· Assist with copyediting for the various promotional materials defined above.
o Excellent written communication skills
o Minimum two years Communications experience, academic or professional
o Strong creativity
o Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
o Strong attention to detail
· Build your portfolio of work and establish employment reference from a well-known nonprofit.
· Flexible scheduling.
· Be part of the only community nonprofit dedicated to saving and restoring the historic Huntridge Theatre in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada.
· Help meet an important community need.
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 10 hours per month