Title: Emergency Clothing Closet Assistant
"La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities." La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service are to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity for our Emergency Clothing Closet Assistant position. This volunteer position ensures that La Casa Norte’s youth, families, and local community have access to everyday items they may need such as clothing, shoes, and household items.
- Ideal for one-time service or continuous engagement
- A minimum of one shift per week is required with flexible shifts available during the week between 9:30am-6:00 pm at our temporary Main Office located at 2845 W. McLean Avenue, Chicago.
- Information and Referral Specialist
Expected Goals and Objectives
First Goal: In-Take of New Donations
- Move any in-kind donations to storage if Emergency Clothing Closet is stocked
- Classify donated items into different categories, for example, men’s tops, women’s bottoms, toys and household items etc.
Second Goal: Organize the Emergency Clothing Closet
- Straighten and clean the Emergency Clothing Closet
- Replenish the Emergency Clothing Closet from the items in storage.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte volunteers are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending all volunteer orientation and training sessions
- Working as a team member with fellow staff and volunteers to provide resources to clients
- Understanding and adhering to professional boundaries with clients
- Proactive and able to take direction
- Strong organizational skills
- Hard working mentality
- Able to work independently and with other volunteers
- Work in a non-profit environment
- Engage with clients accessing donated items in a respectful manner
Minimum Age: 16 or older, under 16 with adult supervision
La Casa Norte is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- one-time service or continuous engagement