Once paired with hospice patients who also have military experience, Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient thereby creating an environment where life review and healing may occur.
Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care. And Veterans are a part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience. When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong relational bond.
The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
***** Please note**** The location given is simply a central office for the Greater Philadelphia Area. It is not the location where services are provided. Our patients live throughout the five counties in many facilities and homes.*****
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- It's flexible. We will work with your schedule.
- training done by Heartland
- Has Your Life Been Touched By...
- Live Your Faith
- The Gift of Your Heart
- No One Should Die Alone
- Flexible Hospice Volunteering
- Veterans to Veterans Hospice...
- Develop your receptionist or...
- Break the Isolation
- Dementia and Hospice
- West Philly Hospice Volunteers...
- Seniors Helping Seniors
- Help Others and Learn About...
- Connect with Living History
- Bucks County Hospice Patients...
- Show your gratitude to Veteran...