Community members and students are invited to volunteer with the English-in-Action Program(EIA) to:* HELP international graduate students, visiting scholars and spouses with conversational English
* CREATE long-lasting friendships
* LEARN more about other cultures while helping applicants acclimate to San Diego and the U.S.
Tutors typically meet with their students for 1-2 hours a week at a location that is convenient for both and scheduling is flexible.
No previous experience necessary!
* Native English language speaker
* Ability to understand people with limited English skills
* Desire to help those in need while fostering cross-cultural exchange
* Sensitive to cultural differences
Please visit http://bit.ly/EIATutorExperiences to hear what current and past tutors have shared about tutoring with EIA.
To apply or for more information, visit our website:
http://bit.ly/UCSanDiegoEIAProgram (click on "Want to be a tutor?") or
email Shelly Taskin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Orientation will be held at the International Center at UCSD but you can meet with your tutees anywhere on or off campus.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week