For most families, traveling to Winston-Salem for medical treatment is much like a long and tedious road trip, where they live off the few items they pack in their suitcase. Welcome bags offer a few extra treats to keep their mind of the hours in the waiting room or busy while their loved ones rest.
Those interested in assembling welcome bags may do so in sets of 20-40, and drop them off at the House between 8am and 8pm.
Items in welcome bags may include, but are not limited to:
- Packs of gum
- Puzzle books
- Deck of cards
- Individual tissue packs
- Pen and a notepad
- Candy bar or snacks
- Hand sanitizer
- Note cards
- Travel sewing kit
- Crayons and coloring books
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Serve up some southern...
- Family House Melodies: Play our...
- Fill our Kitchen with Desserts...
- Assemble Caregiver Carebags
- Sunrise Scramblers - Serve...
- Be the Perfect Pizza Partner
- Bake Grandma Lee's Family House...
- Maintenance Wiz Volunteer
- Form a Clean Team! Make our...
- Merry Meals: Contribute to a...