During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
About our Building Program
Our sites are opened to volunteers Monday-Saturday from 8:30am-4pm. All are welcome, no special skills are needed! All we ask for is a smile and a willingness to help. Construction volunteers do everything from pouring footings to roofing and final interior finishes.
General Information :
1. We build most Mondays through Saturdays at sites in and around Morris County. Current Active Sites: Dover, Budd Lake, and West Milford. More site starting this Spring.
2. Our construction day is 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Unless otherwise advised, volunteers should bring a bag lunch. Lunch is 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM.
3.Construction volunteers must be 16 years of age to be present on an active build site. Youth volunteers ages 16 or 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Chaperones must be 21 years of age. One adult chaperone is required for every 5 youth.
What to Expect:
1. A Site Supervisor is in charge of the work and volunteers each work day.
2. All are welcomed-No special skills are needed!
3. All we ask for is a smile and a willingness to help. We will send you home tired, dirty and happy!
Contact Stephanie Sayki on how to sign up for a day:
274 South Salem Street, Randolph, NJ 07869, US
Moving faith to action, Morris Habitat advocates for and builds decent affordable housing to enhance lives and strengthen the community in partnership with volunteers and families in need.
Morris Habitat acquires, through purchase or donation, existing homes to renovate, or vacant lots on which to build new homes. We resell the properties at an affordable price to a selected family (see Family Selection Committee opportunity for more about that). The eventual homeowners must invest 300 hours of "sweat equity" building their own house or another Habitat house. Homeowners assume a 30 year mortgage along with a 30-year lien on their home so that it must remain an affordable if sold.
In 2007, Morris Habitat opened a ReStore which sells new and gently used building supplies, applicances, furniture to the general public. Proceeds go toward building affordable homes.
We'll work with your schedule.
274 South Salem StreetRandolph, NJ 07869
January 14, 2020