VALUE THE FIRST AMENDMENT? HELP US PROMOTE, EXPLAIN AND DEFEND IT!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Newseum!
Our volunteers are enthusiastic life-learners who work with our staff to promote, explain and defend the First Amendment and free expression. They assist us in this effort by conducting tours, volunteering on the floor with Visitor Services and through administrative work behind the scenes.
Volunteers must complete a training program to prepare them for their role at the Newseum.NEWSEUM VOLUNTEERS ENJOY THESE BENEFITS
- 25% discount in the Food Section
- 10% discount in the Newseum stores
- 15% discount at The Source by Wolfgang Puck
- 10 Newseum general admission tickets
- Inclusion in education enrichment outings
- Lunch-and-learns featuring Newseum and guest experts
- Flu shot
- Free admission to the Newseum
- Free admission or museum discounts to partner museums with reciprocal programs
- Plus additional benefits based upon hours of service
- Can commit to a minimum of one year to the Newseum
- Is at least 16 years old at the time of application
- Can complete all required training as scheduled
- Is able to work independently
- Has a valid email address, computer access and basic computer skills
- Can successfully complete a criminal and credit background check if 18 years old or older. This is not required of volunteers under the age of 18
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or has unrestricted work authorization
- Understands volunteer duties may change depending on the needs of the museum
If you are interested in getting involved, please visit our website for more information including a list of current open positions: www.newseum.org/volunteer.
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers commit to a minimum of a year.