Global Potential's mission is to empower youth and communities around the world to energize each other through education, international service learning, social entrepreneurship and cultural exchange.
Each year, Global Potential trains 500 youth aged between 15 to 23. These youth have high potential and self-vision to become leaders, change makers and social entrepreneurs in their urban and rural low-income communities around the world. Most GP participants are first generation immigrant youth and originate from dozens of countries.
Global Potential's holistic model positively transforms the lives of urban youth.They shape the future and become leaders and entrepreneurs in business, community development, education and politics.
For more information please visit www.global-potential.org
The College and Career Access Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating college and career readiness workshops with GP youth (high school juniors and seniors), compiling opportunities for youth in transition (scholarships, gap year programs, internships), and coordinating youth's participation in college and career events.
- Engage with GP Alumni to support them in their role as peer mentors
- Compile resources for postsecondary opportunities, including college applications, scholarships, internships, and gap year programs
- Provide coaching in writing resumes and personal statements
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing deliverables to the program funder
- Gather and maintain data in our Salesforce database system
- Coordinate college and career events with GP partner organization and high schools, including Q & A panels with GP Alumni
- Collaborate with Program Coordinators to plan and facilitate GP workshops
- Experience with serving undocumented youth in preparation for college (i.e. access to scholarships, outsourcing to organizations like the Door for applying for residency, having a roster of translators-specifically for our African youth).
Requirements for this position:
- Experience in compiling college and career opportunities for high school youth
- Minimum of 3 months, preferably 6 months commitment.
- Minimum of 10-15 hours per week
- Available to work in the office at least one day/week
- Flexible to work offsite at GP's partner high schools
- Experience with Salesforce or any other database management system is not required but preferred; GP will provide training
- No language requirements; Spanish, Haitian Creole, or French preferred
- Currently attending College in New York City; College Degree in any discipline preferred.
This is a pilot program so there is an opportunity to bring one's own creativity and ideas to further develop the program. This position reports to and works collaboratively with the Program Manager.
We are looking for an immediate start. If interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title, 'College and Career Access Coordinator', in the subject line.
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of 3 months, Preferably 6 months
- 10-15 hours weekly, Preferably available a couple of afternoons during weekdays
- Salesforce Database Coordinator
- Summer Abroad: Youth Development...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program...
- Salesforce Database Manager
- Volunteer Operations Manager
- Gala Fundraising Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program Intern
- Video Educator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Summer Youth Facilitator
- International Program Associate
- IT Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program...
- College and Career Readiness...