IN-A-PINCH Computer/IT Assistance
31 people are interested
Job Title: Computer/IT Assistance
Description: The volunteer provides IT/computer technology services to a client with an immediate need. The need may be assistance with computer function, internet use, and other similar services. The goal is same day fulfillment of the request.
- Calling the client, making final arrangements, and maintaining communication until the service is completed
- Traveling to the client’s location, assessing the job, and insuring it’s within the volunteer’s capability
- Assisting the client with computer problem
- Purchasing any parts needed and obtaining receipts and accurate list of purchases or errands
- Leaving the work area safe and clean and removing old and excess parts
- Securing payment for all purchases from the client (Note: client is required to pay for all parts) by cash, check or money order, and returning all receipts to the senior
- If the job is beyond the volunteer’s capability, assuring the client that the situation is safe and secure for them and reporting this immediately to HOV
- Reporting any injuries or safety issues to HOV immediately
- Reporting any changes/completion of service to HOV
Job Location: West Santa Clara Valley-Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, or West San Jose (95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95129, and 95130)
Supervision Received: All services are supervised by HOV.
- Must undergo an interview, orientation, background check, and DMV check by HOV
- Ability to help with IT/computer problems in a safe and timely manner (Note: All IT/computer skills not required and specific areas of expertise welcomed).
- Provide own tools and safety equipment
- Must supply own transportation to the client’s location
- Must pay own gas expenses - not reimbursable; repair parts are reimbursable by client
- Encouraged to carry a cell phone for communication
- Good communication skills and ability to assure client
- Friendly, dependable, patient, courteous, and sensitive to home’s cleanliness and tidiness
- Aware and supportive of IN-A-PINCH goals and services
- Be attentive to own safety and the safety and security of the senior and their home
- Do not give personal address or phone number to client
- Do not accept additional services without a request submitted to HOV
- Do not perform any services that cannot be completed in a timely and efficient manner
Time Commitment Needed: Time commitment will be determined by HOV staff in accordance with volunteer availability and client need.
Orientation/Training Provided: Volunteer orientation and job skill training will be provided by HOV staff.
Benefits: A good placement for those who enjoy using their special skills to help others
About Heart of the Valley, SERVICES FOR SENIORS, Inc.
PO Box 418, Santa Clara, CA 95052, US
Heart of the Valley, SERVICES FOR SENIORS, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) corporation, committed to facilitating, advocating and supporting independent living for seniors residing in West Santa Clara Valley.
Heart of the Valley, SERVICES FOR SENIORS, Inc. is a volunteer agency that recruits volunteers to act as friendly neighbors would to help seniors stay independent in their lives, by providing a wide variety of services for them to utilize. All services are offered at no cost to the senior. Heart of the Valley began in 1987, has three part-time staff, approx. 700 seniors and a little over 150 volunteers. Volunteers get to select the kinds of services they want to do, the areas in which they want to serve, and their availability. Heart of the Valley's services include the cities of Santa Clara, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, Los Gatos, Campbell and the west San Jose zip codes of 95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95129 and 95130.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 418Santa Clara, CA 95052
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training