Job Title: House Project
Description: The volunteer assists clients with house projects such as emergency cleaning and organization, paperwork, battery replacement and other odd jobs pertaining to the home. The goal is same day fulfillment of the request.
- Calling the client, making final arrangements, and maintaining communication until the service is completed
- Traveling to the client’s location, assessing the job, and insuring it’s within the volunteer’s capability
- Making the necessary repairs
- Purchasing any parts needed and obtaining receipts and accurate list of purchases or errands
- Leaving the work area safe and clean and removing old and excess parts
- Securing payment for all purchases from the client (Note: client is required to pay for all parts) by cash, check or money order, and returning all receipts to the client
- If the job is beyond the volunteer’s capability, assuring the client that the situation is safe and secure for them, and reporting this immediately to HOV
- Reporting any injuries or safety issues to HOV
- Reporting any changes/completion of the service to HOV
Job Location: West Santa Clara Valley-Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, or West San Jose (95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95129, and 95130)
Supervision Received: All services are supervised by HOV.
- Must undergo an interview, orientation, background check, and DMV check by HOV
- Ability to complete house projects in a safe manner
- Provide own tools and safety equipment
- Must supply own transportation to the client’s location
- Must pay own gas expenses - not reimbursable
- Encouraged to carry a cell phone for communication
- Good communication skills and ability to assure client
- Friendly, dependable, patient, courteous, and sensitive to home’s cleanliness and tidiness
- Aware and supportive of IN-A-PINCH goals and services
- Be attentive to own safety and the safety and security of the client and their home
- Do not give personal address or phone number to the client
- Do not accept additional services without a request submitted to HOV
- Do not perform any services that cannot be completed in a timely and efficient manner
Time Commitment Needed: Time commitment will be determined by HOV in accordance with volunteer availability and client need.
Orientation/Training Provided: Volunteer orientation and job skill training will be provided by HOV staff.
Benefits: A good placement for those who enjoy doing house projects and helping others