IN-A-PINCH Handyman Services
6 people are interested
Job Title: Handyman Services
Description: The volunteer provides small home repair services to a client with an immediate need. The need may be a simple repair, replacement, maintenance, or a small plumbing (e.g., minor leak repair) or electrical (e.g., circuit breaker reset) task. The goal is same day fulfillment of the request.
- Calling the client, making final arrangements, and maintaining communication until the service is completed
- Traveling to the client’s location, assessing the job, and insuring it’s within the volunteer’s capability
- Making the necessary repairs
- Purchasing any parts needed and obtaining receipts and accurate list of purchases or errands
- Leaving the work area safe and clean and removing old and excess parts
- Securing payment for all purchases from the client (Note: client is required to pay for all parts) by cash, check or money order, and returning all receipts to the client
- If the job is beyond the volunteer’s capability, assuring the client that the situation is safe and secure for them, and reporting this immediately to HOV
- Reporting any injuries or safety issues to HOV
- Reporting any changes/completion of the service to HOV
Job Location: West Santa Clara Valley-Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, or West San Jose (95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95129, and 95130)
Supervision Received: All services are supervised by HOV.
- Must undergo an interview, orientation, background check, and DMV check by HOV
- Ability to make small home repairs in a safe manner (Note: All home repair skills not required and specific areas of expertise welcomed)
- Provide own tools and safety equipment
- Must supply own transportation to the senior’s location
- Must pay own gas expenses - not reimbursable; repair parts are reimbursable by client
- Encouraged to carry a cell phone for communication
- Good communication skills and ability to assure client
- Friendly, dependable, patient, courteous, and sensitive to home’s cleanliness and tidiness
- Aware and supportive of IN-A-PINCH goals and services
- Be attentive to own safety and the safety and security of the client and their home
- Do not give personal address or phone number to the client
- Do not accept additional services without a request submitted to HOV
- Do not perform any services that cannot be completed in a timely and efficient manner
Time Commitment Needed: Time commitment will be determined by HOV in accordance with volunteer availability and client need.
Orientation/Training Provided: Volunteer orientation and job skill training will be provided by HOV .
Benefits: A good placement for those who enjoy using their special skills to help others
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 418Santa Clara, CA 95052
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training