Feeding the hungry is a vital part of The Salvation Army’s work. At our Harbor Light Center, The Salvation Army’s homeless shelter in downtown Minneapolis, over 1,200 people are served breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, year round. To accomplish this, volunteers assist not only with serving food, but also preparing meals, cleaning the kitchen and dining area, and sorting through food donations. Individuals or groups of up to 12 volunteers are welcome. The number of volunteers needed depends on the shift, see below. You may volunteer one time or come on a regular basis. Volunteers must be 16 or older; if under the age of 18, must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
Dates and Times: Monday - Friday, 7 - 9 a.m., 9-11 a.m. 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., 2-4 p.m. 4-6 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
Number of Volunteers Needed: 6 volunteers each shift. Some weekday shifts can use up to 12
Dutiees: Volunteers will assist in all areas of the kitchen - preparing, sorting donated food, serving the meal, cleaning the kitchen and dining area. On M-W-F lunches you may also be asked to assist with stocking the foodshelf with day old product
You can sign up online for a shift at SavlationArmyNorth.org
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours
- Salvation Army - Virginia, MN
- Food Shelf Stocker or Escort --...
- Wednesday Evening Receptionist -...
- Cook for weekly teen night --...
- Salvation Army - Willmar, MN
- Salvation Army - Austin, MN
- Pick up food donations (Drive...
- Salvation Army - Minot, ND
- Back to School Supply...
- Salvation Army - Rochester, MN
- Food Service Kitchen Assistant -...
- Salvation Army - Brainerd, MN
- Salvation Army - St. Cloud, MN
- Salvation Army - Mankato, MN
- Friday Food Distribution -- West...
- Salvation Army - International...
- Provide mentoring to a child
- Salvation Army - Bismarck, ND
- Salvation Army - Jamestown, ND
- Driver - Roseville