The Dutchess County Office for the Aging uses volunteers to help deliver meals to the homebound elderly, assist at our Senior Friendship Centers, lead exercise and brain games classes, assist with behind-the-scenes activities, help out at our annual Senior Picnics (May-August), Celebration of Aging (May), Senior Prom (October) and Senior Seminars (November), and much more.
Home Delivered Meals drivers receive mileage reimbursement.
Background/driver's-license checks required for some volunteer opportunities.
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Driver's license and/or background checks required for some volunteering opportunities.
- Home Delivered Meals Driver
- Assist Dutchess County Senior...
- Senior Picnic On-Site Assistance
- Senior Seminars Assistance (Wed...
- Senior Friendship Center Volunteer
- Dutchess County Brain Games Leader
- Senior Prom Assistance (Mon 10/16)
- Volunteers Needed to Help People...
- Senior Exercise Program Leader