Many seniors today are choosing to live independently and stay in their homes for longer. But sometimes a little help with everyday tasks like cleaning, painting, small repairs, lawn care, snow removal or even gardening is needed. The goal of the Chore Services Program is to help seniors and individuals with disabilities living in Washington County remain in their homes longer by connecting them with volunteers who can help them with indoor and/or outdoor home projects. You can make a difference in the life of a senior.
As a Chore Services Volunteer, you can:
- Assist seniors and individuals with disabilities living in their homes with outdoor and indoor chores such as lawn care, snow removal, small repairs, house cleaning, gutter cleaning, painting, etc.
- Volunteer as a family, group or individual create your own flexible schedule and location preferences
- Help local individuals stay safely in their homes
Volunteers must complete an application; we check references and complete a background check. An orientation and training is also required. Contact us today to learn more about the application process!
- Home Repair
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- This volunteer position is flexible.
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.