Help Your Senior Neighbors Remain in their Homes
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
28 people are interested
Many seniors today are choosing to live independently and stay in their homes for longer. But sometimes a little help with everyday tasks like cleaning, painting, small repairs, lawn care, snow removal or even gardening is needed. The goal of Community Thread's Chore Services Program is to help seniors and individuals with disabilities living in the Stillwater Area School District remain in their homes longer by connecting them with volunteers who can help them with indoor and/or outdoor home projects. You can make a difference in the life of a senior!
As a Chore Services Volunteer, you can:
- Assist seniors and individuals with disabilities living in their homes with outdoor and indoor chores such as lawn care, snow removal, small repairs, house cleaning, gutter cleaning, painting, etc.
- Volunteer as a family, group or individual create your own flexible schedule and location preferences
- Help local individuals stay safely in their homes
Volunteers must complete an application; we check references and complete a background check. An orientation and training is also required. Contact us today to learn more about the application process!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Community Thread
2300 West Orleans St., Stillwater, MN 55082, US
Community Thread leverages resources and volunteers to improve the quality of life for adults & their families in our local community. Through direct and indirect services we impact issues of poverty, volunteer management, and senior involvement and isolation. We sustain volunteerism by connecting people and enriching lives. Our vision is a community where all people are engaged, enriched and connected.
Community Thread weaves through the community in a variety of ways.
Our programs/services include:
- Connecting community members through service and providing resources in the field of volunteer management through our regional Volunteer Center
- Engaging seniors through our Stillwater and Bayport Senior Centers
- Providing rides to medical appointments through our Transportation Program
- Assisting seniors and individuals with disabilities in their homes through our Chore Services Program
- Providing support during the holidays for families, individuals with disabilities and seniors in our community through our Holiday Hope Program
- We also host a number of community-wide volunteer initiatives including Rake-A-Difference Day and Spring Into Service.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsStillwater, MN 55082
- Home Repair
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This volunteer position is flexible.
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.