Many of our patients deal with pain every day. Good Shepherd Hospice believes that pain medications are not the only way to help control pain. We believe that alternative forms of pain control can be as effective. That is why we are looking for a massage therapist who has time to donate to provide healing touch to those of our patients who are open to such therapy. If you are that person, we would love for you to contact us.
As a volunteer for Good Shepherd Hospice, we require that you have 8 hours of training on hospice policies and services, a TB test, and a background check (all provided by us at no cost to you). Because we view our volunteers as part of our staff, we want to make sure we have the highest quality volunteers with the best training, continuing education and commitment to the best care for our patients.
You will care for our patients where they reside, whether it be at home with other family members or in skilled facilities. You will determine how far you are willing to travel in the metro area in order to offer our patients services.
We will support you in your service to our patients and our patients who will honor you with their trust, appreciation and gratitude. That we can guarantee.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per month minimum
- Memory Bears - Gifts of Love
- Hospice volunteering isn't for...
- Our Lenexa Hospice Office needs...
- Make appreciation baskets for...
- Special Relationships
- Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Teach others in the field of...
- Art Volunteers Needed
- Licensed Massage Therapist for...
- Hospice Volunteers are...
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant!
- Human Kindness has Healing Power
- One stitch at a time
- Help Us in the Hospice Office!
- Grief Packets for Loved Ones
- Hospice "Tuck-in" Volunteer
- Laughter & Love = Great Hospice...
- Tuck-in our hospice patients...
- Hospice Office Administrative...
- Hospice volunteers are...