Treasurer - UN Women-USA Los Angeles
3 people are interested
UN Women USA LA is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated treasurer, who will be the officer assigned the responsibility of managing and reporting of our growing organization’s finances. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Bank account maintenance - Selecting a bank, signing checks, and investing excess funds wisely
- Financial transaction oversight - Being knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable
- Budgets - Developing the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget
- Financial Policies - Overseeing the development and observation of the organization's financial policies
- Reports - Keeping the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board
We are a 100% volunteer-run organization. The position is unpaid.
Experience in accounting or similar;
Proficiency in Word/Excel;
Strong working knowledge of google docs, google hangout and Skype;
Good communication and organizational skills;
Open-minded, pro-active, dedicated and motivated with a strong interest in Gender Equality.
UN Women USA LA advocates on behalf of UN Women in the L.A. Area. We raise awareness about the work of UN Women and the plight of global women and girls. We are an inclusive chapter of like-minded individuals who aim to increase the number of people in the L.A. region who are dedicated to equity and gender equality locally and globally.
Please send all applications to the following email address: usnc.la@la4unwomen or firstname.lastname@example.org If you are interested in applying for the position, please email a statement of interest, resume and 2 references.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
About USNC for UN Women Greater LA Chapter
222 Washington Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403, US
The US National Committee (USNC) for UN Women is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
The purpose of the Greater L.A. Chapter shall be to build an inclusive multi-community-based effort in support of U.S. National Committee for UN Women (also referred to as USNC-UN Women). As a community-based effort, the Chapter shall maintain relevance to local women in the community, in a manner that is sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible. The Chapter will strive to actualize an identifiable connection between local and global concerns put into practice by our projects, programs and advocacy efforts. This includes research, education and advocacy for underserved women and girls in support of international programs for UN Women. This Chapter shall endeavor to partner with private and public sectors, non-for-profit organizations and concerned individuals in order to raise awareness and support for UN Women. As an affiliate of the U.S. National Committee for UN Women, this Chapter shall also further the U.S. National Committee's program on behalf of UN Women.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Los Angeles RegionSanta Monica, CA 90403
- 5-10/week depending on chapter activity.