DONATE TO THIS
65 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Support The Enlisted Project (STEP)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
65 people are interested
Support The Enlisted Project is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build financial self-sufficiency among junior active duty military and veteran families. We have been on the frontlines supporting our military community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic by providing financial counseling, education, grants and resources they need.
We are keeping our volunteers and staff safe by adhering to all CDC, State and Local guidelines. We looking for a volunteer that wants to make a difference for our families. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our agency. Help us do the right thing for our service members, together.
Building financial self-sufficiency with military and veterans and their families in crisis through financial counseling, grants and other support programs. Administration staff ensures that all aspects of office administration run smoothly.
Goal of Position:
STEP receptionists are often the first interaction that individuals have with the agency. The Receptionist will help provide the the highest level of costumer service to clients, volunteers, community members, and staff. The main goal of the receptionist assistant is to make clients feel welcome and to manage all activity in reception.
Great for students who need volunteer hours, yet occasional down-time they can dedicate to their studies
- Opportunity to gain valuable office experience
- Chance to work with friendly staff who are passionate about their work
- Increase office efficiency and maintenance
- Taking part in helping the surrounding communities and those in need
- Help us better serve our military and veteran community
- Greet clients, volunteers and donors
- Answer and forward calls
- Answer general questions about Support The Enlisted Project
- Direct questions to appropriate staff person or program
- Maintains the security of interior and external lobby doors by checking in all guests and making sure temperature is taken
- Maintain that reception and waiting rooms are neat and orderly
- Provide general administrative assistance as needed
- Special admin projects as assigned
- Friendly, approachable, self-motivated, positive
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate multi-line phone
- Ability to learn information about Support The Enlisted Project
- Ability to work with people of many different backgrounds and abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Timely and dependable - shows up on time and stays for duration of entire shift
- Commitment to equal opportunities, the aims, and principles of the STEP service
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Must be able to provide own transportation to STEP
- Must be at least 18 years old and pass a background check
- Complete a volunteer application at www.stepsocal.org/volunteer
- Complete a phone screening and interview with Volunteer Engagement
Volunteer times for this position are Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 1:00pm. Scheduling can be flexible and requires volunteers to make at least a 4 hour commitment at least 2 days per week.Attire: Business casual
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Support The Enlisted Project (STEP)
9915 Businesspark Ave, Suite A, SAN DIEGO, CA 92131, US
STEP assists junior active duty enlisted members and recently discharged enlisted veterans and their families in Southern California facing financial crisis achieve long term financial self-sufficiency through counseling, educations and grants to alleviate critical near term obligations.
Volunteers are implemented in every part of the nonprofit, and is vital to reach our mission of supporting these military families. We need consistent help with sorting donated items, as well as administrative and holiday program support.
9915 Businesspark AvenueSuite ASan Diego, CA 92131
September 2, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Crisis Intervention
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours