Under the direction of the Vice President, the Volunteer Case Manager is responsible for building a positive relationship with service members and veterans seeking services and to leverage that relationship to help them begin building strong financial futures.
These goals will be achieved through Evidence Based Practices of Solution Focused Approach, financial counseling, financial education and, when necessary, financial grants. Training is provided and generally takes an average of 20 hours to complete.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Social work experience reporting directly to experienced Social Workers and Social Work Field Instructors
- Increased awareness of basic financial strategies to build strong financial futures
- Advancing interviewing and assessment skills
- Opportunity to control work schedule
- The knowledge that you are helping the Nation’s heroes, whether active duty or transitioning to civilian life!
Please visit http://www.stepsocal.org to submit your application to volunteer today!
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Block of 4 hrs/week for training; then flexible