Volunteer Tutors provide academic support and supplementary instruction to adult learners enrolled in Adult Secondary Education/GED, English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL), career pathways, or computer classes to enhance student's educational and professional success.
- Provide goal-oriented tutorial and academic support services to small group of students or in a one-on-one session.
- Assist teacher in class to customize instruction to each student's needs.
- Assist in significantly increasing an adult student's learning, advancement and educational success.
- Sign in hours of attendance; keep records or student participation.
- Satisfactorily complete 12 hours of training.
- Accept the policies of confidentiality, safety and non-discrimination.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- Fluency in English