Mentor Youth Affected by ACEs - Make a Difference!
DONATE TO THIS
153 people are interested
'Discover Your Future’ is a mentor-driven, trauma-sensitive, program serving youth who face adversity. Volunteer impact:
- Form a bond with youth by serving as a mentor
- Enrich the lives of youth who face adversity through providing a consistent and caring relationship
- Work in small groups with elementary students grades 3-6
- Serve as a positive role model and promote resiliency
"You can see their confidence & strength growing each week... Seeing that light glowing within each child’s eyes could uplift anyone’s day... It especially did mine." - Zarinah
Specific Ways in which you will work with our KIDS:
- Facilitate ethics discussions on topics such as Trust, respect, responsibility, caring, and citizenship
- Assist small groups of youth with brain-stimulating academic activities (including STEAM activities)
- Assist with fitness and athletic activities such as: football, obstacle courses, yoga, basketball...and many more!
The youth in our programs are hand selected and have experienced three or more Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs). All mentors will be trained on how to create positive and trusting relationships prior to entering the field.
- Mentoring 2.5 hours, once a week for 13 or 26 weeks
- Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Guadalupe,Chandler
- Program runs Tuesday through Thursday at 11 different sites throughout the valley during the afterschool hours (Ranging from 2pm - 6:30pm)
- Complete one time Discover Your Future Training (4 hour duration).
'Discover Your Future’ Program Mission: Promote resiliency and confidence by providing them the opportunity to consistently interact with caring mentors in a structured program environment.
We'll work with your schedule.
Future for KIDS: on-site @ Boys & Girls Club MesaChange a life! Mentor Tuesday 3:30 - 6:00 PM221 W. 6th Ave.Mesa, AZ 85210
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours/once a week for 13 or 26 weeks
- Application & Interview