Our volunteers are trained as Reach & Rise Therapeutic Mentors to develop safe, healthy and meaningful relationships with youth. Therapeutic mentors are:
- Trained to understand and appropriately respond to emotional, behavioral and mental health needs that youth may experience using practical approaches.
- Empowered to work wih youth to help them create deeper and more intentional change, much like in a therapeutic relationship.
- Provide youth with healthy, positive, supportive and growth including relationships with adults.
- Help youth move from risk to resiliency.
- Expected to adhere to limits of confidentiality as mental health clinicians would to protect the relationship between the mentor and the mentee and help youth build trust.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week
- Ethical, nurturing and compassionate.