11 people are interested
11 people are interested
Girls Hope is always on the lookout for good volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of Girls Hope scholars. If you are the type of person who likes multi-tasking, doing administrative tasks, and coordinating activities for a busy household of young people, our Residential Assistant volunteer position could be an excellent match for your interests.
Residential Assistants commit to volunteering two half days per month (with flexible hours to meet the scheduling needs of volunteers). They interface directly with Girls Hope residential staff and scholars to provide them with assistance in both household and activity coordination/organization.
Being a Girls Hope Residential Assistant may at times involve transporting scholars and, therefore, requires a valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and a three-year driver history report.
This opportunity represents an excellent way to gain volunteer experience in the field of children’s services and also requires a minimum six-month commitment.
We are seeking Residential Assistant volunteers for our scholar home in Coraopolis, PA.
Major Responsibilities (flexible depending on daily needs)
- Assist residential staff with day-to-day running of the household
- Learn and utilize agency database system (Armor)
- Implement activities with scholars (may require transporting scholars)
- Conduct group activities with scholars (may require transporting scholars)
- Assist scholars with organizational, life and study skills
- Assist scholars with College Compass and College Map (online college preparatory programs)
- Assist older scholars with summer job search
- Participate in agency trainings when feasible
Volunteer applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
The Residential Assistant Volunteer will be required to submit:
- Completed volunteer application
- Signatures on Volunteer Policy Agreement
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Form CY-113)
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- FBI Fingerprint Based Record Check (via electronic scan)
- PA Dept. of Transportation Three-Year Driver Record
- Proof of driver’s license and automobile insurance
The following competencies are important for success:
- Self-starter, motivated and organized
- Strong attention to timeliness and detail, with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Ability to maintain positive communications with scholars, employees, parents and community contacts
- Good written and verbal skills
- Computer literate
To learn more, please contact Deb Cecotti firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (412) 329-7172, Ext. 103. Thank you!
About Boy Hope Girls Hope of Pittsburgh
1005 Beaver Grade Rd, Coraopolis, PA 15108, US
Boys HopeGirls Hope helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Boys Hope Girls Hope provides a well-balanced, nurturing home and quality education through college for academically capable boys and girls. We serve children between the ages of 10-18 who are at risk due to poverty, neglect or harmful neighborhood conditions.
We give boys and girls a foundation for success by addressing their basic needs and providing enriching opportunities that build confidence and self-esteem. Our focus on academic achievement through college creates a strong foundation that builds a future of hope and opportunity for our girls. Our full-time house parents and other staff serve as role models by providing guidance, discipline and love, instilling values, and encouraging respect and compassion.
We provide two stable, family-like homes, each accommodating eight full-time residents, while also serving as a home base for several Girls Hope college students.
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Pittsburgh provides services and employment in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, age, religious creed, national origin, ancestry or disability.
Girls Hope221 Felician WayCoraopolis, PA 15108
August 11, 2021
- General Education
- Bus/Van Driving
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
- Life Coaching
- People 55+