HealthStart is seeking Board member(s) interested in helping transform the health of the nation through their leadership and vision. HealthStart provides the blueprints for creating healthier communities through children’s science-based health education .
HealthStart builds a foundation for well-being by teaching the youngest among us why it’s important to nourish their bodies, the role physical fitness plays in good health, and that an important part of being healthy is how we treat one another and take care of our environment.
Health Start was founded in 2010 and currently has a Board of 7 that includes the organization's founder. HealthStart is eager to expand the Board and broaden its leadership capacity.
HealthStart seeks Board members who have specific skills and those with a strong passion for our mission. Candidates must be willing to actively advocate on behalf of the organization and help raise awareness and funds so HealthStart can achieve our mission. Candidates should understand the importance of their governance duties.
General job responsibilities will include:
- Set policies of the organization
- Provide oversight of program operations
- Assure funds are spent in accordance with HealthStart's mission
- Seek out other interested individuals to serve on the Board or Committees
- Raise funds to support HealthStart's programs and mission
- Act as an ambassador for HealthStart in the community
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Board meetings and HealthStart sponsored events
Responsibilities for specific Board positions such as an individual with a funding raising background may include:
- Assisting communications and development staff with implementation of fund raising plans
- Making introductions to community leaders
- Making direct contact with potential community partners
- Review or help with the development and submission of grant proposals
Please submit a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Business Development
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/month
- passionate, committed