America for Animals is a new type of animal welfare organization - one that empowers advocates to promote compassion and fight cruelty in the communities where they live. We do this by developing state-of-the-art web and mobile applications that make it easy and fun to help animals. Our apps are designed to help people find humane places to eat, meet like-minded advocates, campaign to end inhumane practices, and take other simple actions that make the world kinder for our four-legged friends. We also do work internationally to improve the lives of dogs and cats in poor communities.
AFA is headquartered in San Diego, California. We work with talented volunteers across the country. We are an all-volunteer, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
The responsibilities of this opportunity will be geared toward your strengths, but will include a combination of:
- Writing and posting several Social Media posts daily (including polls, photo captioning contests, etc.)
- Content will be posted on the following Social Media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest
- Researching content
- Mining Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds for animal stories, photos, etc.
- Using Adobe Photoshop (or other creative software) to produce new content
- Monitoring activity and engaging the audience
- Contributing to help us improve our social media strategy
- A great attitude
- Strong writing skills and a good "writing voice"
- Ability to thrive in an individual/virtual work environment
- An eye for quality
- Experience and education in relative field can be a plus
- A commitment of at least 5 hours/week
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours/week (more is welcome!)