Janyaa, a 501c(3) organization set up in 2009, focuses on developing creative problem solving skills in rural kids in India. The name, Janyaa, which translates to "life" appropriately fits with the vision of this organization. As envisioned by founder, Venu Nadella, the kids educated from the principles of Janyaa are empowered to make progressive changes to their immediate communities and can help advance socio-economic state of their country
Position: Social Media Specialist - LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Type: Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 2-3 hrs/week
Location : At-home / Virtual but must be able to attend monthly in-person meetings
Position Description: Janyaa is looking for a Social Media Specialist to manage, and promote the organization’s presence on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. This is a volunteer position and you will be primarily responsible for increasing the number of followers to Janyaa page and also the interactive activity. Social Media will also be used to source donations and talented people to the team. You will be responsible for continuous refinement of the Social Media profile pages, capture ongoing activities and events, meeting targets and maintaining a positive relationship with the existing and potential volunteers and members. The Social Media Specialist is expected to keep current with industry trends and new social media products and platforms.
What you get : Reference letter signed by the founder of the organization , hands on experience in social media management in an exciting non-profit, great networking opportunities with individuals working in various fields. And volunteering for events at Janyaa gets you a free entry pass to all the happening events in the Bay Area!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gather information on improving and promoting Janyaa’s presence on social media
- Develop and implement customized social media strategy for Janyaa on social media to increase effectiveness, membership and participation of volunteers and/or members.
- Provide ongoing support and management by writing appropriate status updates, researching related content to share with volunteers and/or members, monitoring, engage and respond to volunteers and/or members comments but not limited to them.
- Track, monitor and report social media metrics in support of traffic and participation.
Qualities and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Equivalent in any stream
- 1-2 years’ experience in managing online communities or social media for nonprofits preferred. (Personal social media experience alone is not sufficient)
- 1+ years managing social media campaigns or programs for nonprofits (Personal social media experience alone is not sufficient)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite products preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver work on-schedule with minimal supervision.
Janyaa is an equal opportunity nonprofit organization and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.For more details, please visit us at www.janyaa.org