Share Your Canine Companion and Enhance the Lives of Seniors!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
161 people are interested
Chicago Methodist Senior Services
Position Title: Therapeutic Pet Visitor
The primary purpose of your position is to enhance the experience of daily living by providing residents with visits from vaccinated dogs that provide therapeutic companionship and entertainment.
TIME REQUIRED: Approximately 30 minutes to an hour or as schedule allows
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: Sporadic visits are welcomed. Weekly or monthly commitments are preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently promotes interactions and activity that reflect the Mission and Values of the organization while consistently demonstrating and ensuring person centered customer service.
- Ability to control animal through verbal commands and/or hand signal and to physically restrain dog, if necessary, as well as an understanding of basic animal behavior.
- Compliance and understanding of HIPAA laws.
- Handler must present current vaccinations for the dog
- Interest in serving seniors and compassion for this population
- Experience working with elderly population is desirable, but not required
About Chicago Methodist Senior Services
1415 W Foster Ave, Chicago, IL 60640, US
As a nonprofit, accredited, and faith-based organization, we support, improve and enhance the quality of life for older adults by empowering them to live with dignity and respect.
120 Years of Leadership and Strength in Senior Services
A nonprofit and accredited organization, Chicago Methodist Senior Services (CMSS) offers the most extensive senior services network on Chicago's north side.
CMSS sets a high standard of care and is one of Chicago's oldest and strongest nonprofit organizations dedicated to serving older adults. Incorporated in 1898, the CMSS continuum now includes rehabilitative and subacute care, skilled memory support, memory support assisted living, supportive living, home care, home maintenance, computer services and low-income housing services for seniors.
We seek to support and enhance the quality of life for older adults by empowering them to live with dignity and respect. Our years of service to Chicagoland seniors are a testament to our care and commitment to innovation and quality.
We'll work with your schedule.
1415 W. Foster Avenue2720 W. Foster Avenue5520 N. Paulina St.Chicago, IL 60640
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+