We are always looking for new teachers, turors or help with special projects. Currently we are seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Co-Teacher: Work as teacher-volunteer pair. Present lessons to class, lead class activities and provide one on one assistance.
- Class Assistant: Lead small groups and/or provide one on one assistance as needed. Teacher and Volunteer work closely, communicate regularly.
- National External Diploma Program (NEDP) Buddy: Assist learners as they work their way through the NEDP Program. Help the student to locate the resources they need or identify skills that the student will need to practice before moving on.
- Tutor: Be paried with individual learners seeking help in a particular subject(s) area (writing, math, reading, social studies, science).
- Academic Coach: Work in small groups with targeted Academic level students who are "stuck" in either math or writing, but are close to passing the GED, by helping to improve their scores
- Career Counselor/Job Coach: Work with students to identify career goals, help write resumes and apply for jobs.
- Other Needs: Data entry support, Social media...Advocacy and Writing support.
- Special Needs
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reading / Writing
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 1/2 hours per week.