Reception/Front Desk & Online Marketing Staff
Brookline/Cambridge Community Center for the Arts, Inc. (BCCA, Inc. / CCCA)
BCCA (CCCA in Cambridge) is looking for individuals to work at our busy reception area at our sponsored location at Canal District Kendall. Tasks include talking with customers, responding to questions, being knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the CCCA's schedule and classes, registering students, and helping promote our cultural programming. Job perks include free attendance at CCCA classes and events.
Important Note: During the social distancing & non-essential business closures phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be open physically, but will be offering online classes, to keep artists employed and the community healthy, happy, & engaged in the arts. As such, during those periods, we still need volunteers to help promote our cultural programming, and the job perks will still apply to both online class/event attendance, and to future attendance of programs at the center.
About Brookline/Cambridge Community Center for the Arts, Inc. (BCCA, Inc. / CCCA)
500 Kendall Street, Cambridge, MA 02142, US
BCCA (CCCA in Cambridge) serves as a culturally integrated venue where members of all ages and abilities can participate in world dance forms, martial arts, fitness, acting, music, and other arts. The center provides arts education and practice facilities, instructor training and new teaching opportunities for local and visiting artists, and hosts community events. Through the use of multimedia and telecommunication technology, it promotes and contributes to the creation of an extended network of artists and arts communities throughout the world.
- Enrich the community by preserving, sharing, increasing awareness, expanding, and promoting the diverse cultural heritage of the community members, outreaching to create and renew ties with the extended communities around the world, while providing a home for local art endeavors.
- Provide a welcoming, safe, and secure environment for arts educators and students, and for people in general, to share cultures, become more confident with their own identities, and explore new and foreign art forms.
- Expand and better the artistic, community, and educational scene, and promote the well being of people of all ages and abilities through the use and integration of moving, visual, and musical creative arts, and the combination of folk and ethnic, recreational, and artistic forms of expression.
- Provide fully furnished facilities for community events, recreational activities, rehearsals, and occasional recitals.
- Provide a network of professional and marketing services, educational tools and customized workshops, to empower both aspiring and experienced arts educators.
- Provide modern audio, visual, and computerized systems to enhance and extend the traditional studio environment, making it accessible to a wider range of clients and educators.
- Create a network of artists around the world whose interaction is facilitated by video conferencing and live cable, satellite, and Internet broadcasts.