Community Nights are excellent opportunities for volunteers to engage with our resident communities. Hosts will coordinate a date with our Volunteer Services Manager, and then prepare (or cater) a meal, and plan an activity for our families.
This is an ideal volunteer activity for corporate groups, community groups, youth groups, religious groups, and families, too! Our hope is that these evenings continue to strengthen the strong sense of community that is critical to our families’ success as they work towards self-sufficiency.
2015 Dates Available:
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Thursday, October 15, 2015
- When: 3rd Thursday each month, excluding December, 5:30--7:00PM
- Where: Community Night takes place at Warren Village First Step, our one-year transitional housing program.
- Families Served: First Step houses a much smaller community than Warren Village’s main campus--6 single women and 7 single women with children. On average, Community Nights will serve 25 people total, including small children.
- Event Design & Planning
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5:30 - 7:00pm, one-time
- one-page Volunteer Application
- Host Family Night at Warren...
- Teacher, Adult Life Skills Classes
- Evening Childcare @ Warren Village
- Holiday Party Childcare
- Housing Office Receptionist
- Adult Math Tutors Needed
- Dude Days at Warren Village
- Singing Lessons with Kids Club
- Pre-Med/Medical Professional...
- Community Nights at First Step
- Tutoring Adults
- Evening Child Care @ First Step