Community Nights are excellent opportunities for volunteers to engage with our resident communities. Hosts will coordinate a date with our Volunteer Services Coordinator, and then prepare (or cater) a meal, and plan an activity for our families.
This is an ideal volunteer activity for corporate groups, community groups, youth groups, religious groups, and families, too! Our hope is that these evenings continue to strengthen the strong sense of community that is critical to our families’ success as they work towards self-sufficiency.
2017 Dates Available:
- Thursday, May 28, 2017
- Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Thursday July 20, 2017
- Thursday September 21, 2017
When: 3rd Thursday each month, excluding December, 6:00pm--7:30PM
Where: Community Night takes place at Warren Village First Step, our one-year transitional housing program.Families Served: First Step houses a much smaller community than Warren Village’s main campus--6 single women and 7 single women with children. On average, Community Nights will serve 20 people total, including small children.
- Event Design & Planning
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm, one-time
- One-Page Volunteer Application
- Group Opportunity- Host Family...
- Teacher, Adult Life Skills Classes
- Adult Math Tutors Needed
- Dude Days at Warren Village
- Evening Childcare @ Warren Village
- Singing Lessons with Kids Club
- Brainwave Tutoring Program
- Pre-Med/Medical Professional...
- Community Nights at First Step
- Evening Child Care @ First Step