WINGS for kids provides volunteers with the opportunity to be a mentor, a role model, a leader, a tutor, an educator, and a supportive friend to the kids who need us most. Please note that in order to volunteer with WINGS, you will be required to pass a background check. We do not provide opportunities for court-ordered community service.
- Academic Center-Monday-Thursday. Read to our kids in grades K-1, or help children in grades 2-5 with their homework.
- Discussion-Mondays and Fridays. Come talk to our 4th and 5th grade students about life after elementary school and WINGS (e.g., career options, beginner financial literacy, college or high school, etc.).
- Dinner-Monday-Friday. Help program staff serve dinner to our kids after WINGS.
School Names and Locations:
- College Park, GA-Love T. Nolan, Heritage, Bethune, and SL Lewis Elementary Schools
- City of Atlanta-Emma Hutchinson Elementary School
Days and Times:
Monday-Friday Approximately 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one hour
- We do not provide opportunities for court-ordered community service.