Find employment for those less fortunate, become an Employment Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where4575 - A Mission Gorge PlaceSan Diego, CA 92120
TIME REQUIRED: Flexible, 3 hours per week, Mon. - Fri., 9AM to 5PM.
- Bilungual Spanish
Capable and interested in working with people of diverse languages and cultures
Possess a sense of hospitality, flexibility, patience and good humor
Ability to work with people of limited English proficiency
Prompt and conscientious about keeping appointments
Knowledgeable of entry-level job opportunities that are accessible for people with limited English proficiency
Able to coach, not interfere or force, appropriate behaviors that lead to employment
OUTLINE OF SERVICES:
Provides basic administrative support for the employment program team
Participates in efforts to meet the needs of clients and agency requirements in consultation with the Employment Specialists, contacts employer and refugee after hire to identify and to help resolve any logistical problems.
Participates in the newly hired employee orientation when required by the employer.
Assists the Employment Specialist to identify and contact prospective employers.
Assists refugees to complete resumes and submit forms or applications for employment.
Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies and work procedures.
Provides direct services to/for Catholic Charities clients as assigned in a professional, courteous and caring manner while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
Works with various community organizations that provide services to refugees, especially employment.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
Keep accurate records of volunteer service hours and activities.
Work collaboratively with the volunteer coordinator and communicate regularly with supervisor.
SUPERVISOR: Employment Supervisor
- Case Work / Management
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Adult Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible 3 hours per week, Mon. – Fri., 9AM to 5PM
- Find employment for those less...
- Gain Administrative Experience...
- Homeless Women Volunteer...
- Volunteer Job Readiness Instructor
- School and WIC Enrollment...
- Volunteer Case Management...
- Job Coach, Homeless Women
- Volunteer Interpreter, Arabic,...
- Tomorrow Project Mentor:...
- Help refugees become self...
- Volunteer Office Assistant/Health
- Smoke-Free For All San Diegans...
- Learn with a refugee! Become a...
- Transportation Aide, Help Newly...